Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ship Shape

I won't ramble on too much today. It's quite late and I'm quite tired.

I did this drawing today inspired by a homework assignment I did for my online business class. It's hard to "get" if you hadn't taken the class. Here's a hint though, it's about contracts. It includes a male figure (although I cheated and this is not an antomical study like I normally do, I'll make up for it another day) so I'm gonna count my promise fullfilled for now.
More male figure studies on the way.

Today's technique to discuss is powerful contour lines. Notice how the female figure's contour lines (the lines that make up her outter rim) clearly show her pose, attitude, even denote what kind of clothes and hair she's sporting. If you turned her into a siloutte, she would retain much of her expression and lose little in what makes her look perplexed.

No comments: