Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ninjas!

I woke up after collapsing in my bed and my wrist hurts too bad to pick up a pen so I'll just post some of my old work for now. I did this in my perspective class I took with Leandro Ng (great teacher I learned a lot from his class). It's the first piece I did for his class. Looking at it now I say it's a bit pretentious and suffers from the pen strokes of a newbie. The thing has been cropped and re-cropped so some of the elements around the edges have eroded away.

Yesterday was a mess, I slept only like 2 hours and had to get up and completely finish UVing a model in three hours. It was insane, but with the right program and some elbow grease, I was able to do it.

Today, I'll explain level of detail. In particular, the level of detail of lines as they recede into space. The farther an object or detail is to the point of view of a scene, the fewer and thinner lines you should use. You can't see too much of this from the example (I was too green when I did this to understand this concept fully), but you can sort of see what I'm talking about if you compare the level of detail the ninja has compared to the altar at the back of the cathedral.

No comments: