Monday, February 19, 2007

Curses to Maya

Since Maya is being a royal bitch and is not letting me open 8.5 files on 8.0 I thought I'd be more active here and share some more of what I'm working on. Here's another perspective drawing for the Scrapyard.
This one got all smuggy but I thought I'd show it anyway. This part of the scrapyard is actually the arena and the setting is a near future where all the humans have died off and robots now run the show. The robots duke it out in the arena part of the scrapyard for supremecy as well as entertainment. I know that this is so very similar to the scrapyard from Battle Angel Alita, but I have a different vision. It's definitely more whimisical than the gritty scrapyard of Alita's world. I's say it's 80% whimsy and 20% gritty. The glowing cube suspended by the stick in the picture is an idea that my teacher said I should look into. Something along the lines of knowing the robot version of what a head on a stick is. I came up with a data cube that's been completely magnetized so that all it's data is destroyed.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey Ray....It's Steve from Santa Rosa. I've been trying to find you for a while now....you have kind of an elusive presence on the internet. I hope you don't still hate me over what happened. I would like to catch up and chat a bit if thats ok. If you want you can contact me at the below addresses:

yahoo messenger: santarosa1969
AOL/AIM: Northbay34
www.myspace.com/reticulum4

I love your graphics by the way! Take care and I hope to hear from you!

-Steve

PS: First I posted this comment way at the bottom but then I thought you might not see it so I decided to repost this on your most recent posting.